Kitchens: Howdens vs B&Q

Are you doing the joint in one go, or stages. I've got a Dewalt plunge saw, but it still struggles if I try and do 38mm straight off, so I do it in 8 or 10mm passes, and it works perfectly. The last pass will be the laminate, so should give you a clean joint, and obviously cut into the radius slowly.

Sponsored Links
Ah, so you secure the track in place and adjust the depth by 8mm or 10mm at a time and keep going from one end of the track to the other?

The Dewalt track has rubber strips on the base, so as long as you're careful, it doesn't move around. But as to the depth adjustment, you've got the right idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
We bought our kitchen from http://www.diy-kitchens.com/ and I can honestly say that we are very pleased with the units and the service from this company.
Have a look and price them up against the other companies that charge extra doors and feet etc.

Mike

I do not work for them and I am only a customer.

I went into their showroom today, its impressive compared to yesterday's Wickes and half the price.

Thanks for the tip!!!

Just thought i'd add my thoughts here.
We went for a B&Q kitchen for several reasons:
1. Installing it myself so could get bits from the local B&Q as I went along. (Its taken several months)
2. Got a tradepoint card so 10% off.
3. Its really quite cheap.

We went for the cheap IT kitchens Gloss cream slab range. Its laminated rather than the more expensive painted Cooke and Lewis stuff. Quality is all fine.
Ive often popped into there showrooms to see how things have been done or to ask advice, so good for the DIY'er.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back