Knauf joint products

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Anyone familiar with knauf joint compounds? I've used Wickes readymix joint compound (220995) which has the knauf brand on the COSHH datasheet so I'm guessing this is a knauf product rebranded. I need a lot so I want to buy it in 20kg tubs and Wickes only do 10kg ones. Does anyone know which knauf product this is? From the COSHH data I think it has limestone, mica and silica in it and vinyl polymers. Knauf web site is rubbish and doesn't have COSHH sheets for all their products and I can't find any for their ready mixed.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
why buy from the sheds? try for a local building supplies - thers a few left.
pro plaster suppliers will give you a deal if you are buying a quantity of tubs.

dont worry about contents an stuff like that. worry more about once youve opened the tub then be aware of open use date.
with basic p/board any joint compound an tape will do the trick - keep it simple

I've used Wickes stuff and I like it. I just used GTEC ready mix and find that is soft compared to the Wickes stuff. Easy to sand but marks/dents easily. The COSHH leaflet says Wickes stuff contains mica and silica so I'm guessing that's why it is harder.

what are you tryin to do?
basic tapin mix most always drys hard in my experience -

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back