Knee pads vs. knee pad trousers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All. I've had a quick search and I see this has come up before, but not for a few years, as far as I can see? I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for knee pads, please? I've used various cheap ones, and they're "OK" but after a while, always seem to slide down my leg, or swivel round sideways. I was wondering whether knee pad trousers would be better, and if so, whether to get something with sewn-in pads, or simply with pockets for replaceable pads?

Not sure if this would be better in the flooring or the tools section? Mods, please move if you see fit.

I'd be grateful for any recommendations!

Sponsored Links
SO far I have not found knee pads in trousers actually line up with my knees.
I have to pull them up before kneeling down.

That said - I'd rather they were there all the time than have to put kneepads and straps on.

I have knee pads and they fall down all the time, they are cheap though so better (longer) straps may be better.

Or if I had thicker legs :cry:

If you use often I would go for trousers, depends on how much it bothers you I guess.

Trousers with inserts work quite well for me, but don't offer anywhere near the protection that flooring knee pads can. On the other hand the knee pad straps always cut into the backs of my knees after a few hours use and become really uncomfortable

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I seem to spend a lot of time on my knees and definitely prefer the strap on type. I've had a few different styles over the years including the ones HERTS P&D has. They are really tough and have a clever articulated bit that keeps them in just the right place when you're on and off your knees all day. Mine have broke now though but I still use them for certain jobs where I need max protection. Other good ones I've had are

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...FjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1UIFXUs4QchuTHsWwtF-9i

but the best ones in my opinion for comfort (even when wearing shorts) and support are these

https://www.northantstools.co.uk/pr...XBEpDCy8ptUAm-DMdzpzMjgdMlE_wZCgaAtrXEALw_wcB

correct fitting dewalt trousers with dewalt knee pads. won’t wear anything else.
if you have short legs and a big waist (ie fat) then the pads sometimes tend to be too low on the leg.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back