Knee Pads...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wondering if anyone can give me some help,

I'm needing some knee pads for a whole range of different things mainly working with wooden flooring and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts?

I'm mainly wondering if its better to get the trousers and put inserts in them
Or would I be better going for the full external knee pads

Thanks

Paul.

Sponsored Links
Snickers/Dickies workwear with the knee pockets for inserts for me every time. Ordinary knee pads always seem to start hurting the backs of my legs where the securing bands are. ;) ;) ;) ;)

And witht the trousers you cant be too lazy or forget to put your knee pads on because theyre alway there. :)

Sponsored Links
Agreed, just leave them in all the time, you can sew them in if they tend to fall out, i do this with cheap dickies ones and they're fine in the washing machine.

You won't regret it.

The guys are right with padded trousers, but I promise you will not regret also buying the the best knee pads you can lay your hands on. dewalt B+Q a tenner. you really don't want f@@ked knees in later life

i know what guys are saying about the straps cutting into the back of the knees but the ones i use cost about £20 odd quid about 10yrs ago, they are thick shaped leather with the padding like really thick carpet underlay, they are brilliant, as they are over the trousers they dont allow your knees to get wet and cold, you just have to be disciplined to put them on first thing in the morning and not say "ach i'll only be 10 mins its not worth it" then you kneel on a screw or stone. i just put them on top of my tool box and put them on before i lift my toolbox out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back