Kneewall Insulation and electrical sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Not sure if this is really for the electrical forum or this one, but in another thread quite a while ago I mentioned about possibly routing a cctv cable from my soffits to the knee wall. (Also I was curious if I could create some storage as well)

Today I disconnected the double socket in the wall and took the drywall box out to get a better look at the wall construction. The metal back box is sitting behind the pir insulation though, but there is also insulation above and below the metal back box which looks like it could be another layer?
I am just confused whats going on here? Why is the metal back box so far back? Is the stud work or insulation doubled up?

IMG_20220220_152204.jpg

The metal back box is obviously supported on the wood behind but I thought they should normally be level with the plasterboard?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back