knitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering taking up knitting and my first project, as winter is only just around the corner, is knitting some winter vests.
I have not been able to locate any patterns and would be grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction.
Once I have conquered this I am considering crocheting.

Sponsored Links
I am considering taking up knitting and my first project, as winter is only just around the corner, is knitting some winter vests.
I have not been able to locate any patterns and would be grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction.
Once I have conquered this I am considering crocheting.

Have you seen the film "Demolition man" ??

Hi anobium. Ignore the jokers. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: You might find this site useful:

http://www.learn2knit.co.uk/knitting/basic-stitches.php

If you've never knitted before, I would start with something simple using thickish wool on medium to large needles. My mother taught me how to knit fifty years ago for a school project called blanket squares. (The idea was that we would all knit squares of a certain size using whatever scraps of wool we could find then somebody would stitch them together into blankets.

I used something called double knitting wool on number four needles but it might be all metric now. The squares themselves were knitted diagonally, adding an extra stitch to each row until the desired size was reached then removing one per row until there were none left. It was great practice at casting on and off. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sponsored Links
When the world was young, grandma used to knit me swimming trunks :eek:
When wet, it was a passable imitation of a spacehopper :p
John :D

Back