knock it down?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as some of you probably know by now i'm looking into getting most or all of my attached garage rebuilt and a pitch roof over it and my kitchen extension. thanks for all the advice so far, much appreciated.

now I'm wondering if the long side single skin wall of the attached garage should come down or if it's worth maintaining. the garage door end is being bricked up and a wide door put in. with the plan being to have a garage infront of it eventually. the existing garage will be for storage.

the back end wall is being moved and a new door fit in it. both walls will be cavity.

however, the current long side wall is single skin as mentioned and will be having a pitched roof to replace the flat roof.

ive noticed damp but it could be all from the failed felt flatty roof.

does anyone think it make sense to just dry line it and maybe put some rain resistant chemical on the outside? or should i really be taking this opportunity to knock it down and start again? it seems like a lot of expense to knock a red brick wall down only to put it back up. block cavity would be nice but the whole thing is very narrow as is so would be getting very small.

im going to check if it even has a dpc as it may well not.

thanks,
turnpike

Sponsored Links
no doubt. i guess the main issue is that it's hard to put a proper new dpc in if there is a failed one or none at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back