Knocking down internal wall Questions?.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I own and live in an ex council house built approx 1948. The ground floor consists of front door leading into hallway with stairs on right, living room on left and kitchen and dining room ahead. The living room has two doors one into hall and one into dining room. The wall between the living room and dining room has no internal brickwork so I am assuming it is a non supporting wall. I am investigating the possibility of knocking down this wall and having an open plan space. At the same time I would also be blocking up the living room door to the hallway. Would I need planning permission for this and although I would like to do most of the work myself, roughly what would it cost to have a builder come in and knock the wall down for me?. If this is not feasible what would you advise me?.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back