knocking noise and leaking...help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my hotpoint washing machine makes a really loud knocking sound whenever i use it, and also i have discovered it is leaking water from the bottom of the machine (although not a lot)
please has anyone got any idea as to what this could be? thank you!

Sponsored Links
it knocks all the way through the wash cycle, not in a particular rythm or anything like that, the noise is very loud....any ideas?

Sponsored Links
sounds like the bearings or a coin trapped in between the tubs.

with m/c off open door spin drum by hand is it noisey

if yes, bearings

if no, coin

could also be loose weight

Could be the supporting bracket suspension at the bottom of the drum broken on one side ????

if it is the suspension snapped the inner drum would lean very badly to one side and you "would know" something is not right.

Its a pity we can not hear it, sounds tell you a lot

i turned drum, and no noise so the coin idea could well be right, as the drum does not lean to one side or anything.
If there is a coin or something in it, how would i go about getting it out? also do you reckon this has something to do with the leaking??
thanks for sparing the time guys..

i think this is one of those times you are going to have to get a hotpoint engineer, coins are easy, but leaks, if it is a coin it may have split the outer tub but that is not 100% likeley :cry:

ah well, cheers guys for all your help, i think it's time for a new washing machine!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back