Kuterlite valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to replace a seized 22mm gate valve, cold water from header tank. Bought a replacement (£4.80). I was hoping to re-use the nuts and olives, as it's in too awkward a place to remove the old olives. But the new valve has the standard modern thread, the old one is finer and is labelled Kuterlite. Got on the web for Kuterlite and came up with one at £51 !! Apart from not wanting to pay that (tho I would if no alternative) I don't know whether it would have the same thread as mine. Does Kuterlite imply a certain thread pitch does anybody know, or do they now have same thread as everybody else ? Or any other suggestions?

I had to put the old valve back for now. I tried putting it in a vice and warming it up as much as I dare to try and free it, but no joy. The main body wouldn't come apart either, I couldn't give it too much welly and risk breaking it or I'd have burnt my boats!

Grateful for any comments.

Sponsored Links
If you know a plumber they may lend you an olive splitter, you will get that in easily enough to remove the old olives and use the new ones, Kuterlite were always a total **** for their threads

If you know a plumber they may lend you an olive splitter, you will get that in easily enough to remove the old olives and use the new ones, Kuterlite were always a total **** for their threads
OK thanks. I do know a plumber, and he owes me a favour! Another reason I was a bit reluctant to remove the olives is that the original has likely been tightened enough to distort the pipe a little, so maybe a bit more difficult to get it leak-tight, but I'm sure I can get round that with a smear of Stag if required!

OK thanks. I do know a plumber, and he owes me a favour! Another reason I was a bit reluctant to remove the olives is that the original has likely been tightened enough to distort the pipe a little, so maybe a bit more difficult to get it leak-tight, but I'm sure I can get round that with a smear of Stag if required!
no real need to worry about that, I prefer PTFE but stag will do it too

Sponsored Links
22mm pipe takes some serious overtightening to distort!.is it seized open or shut?, if open just fit another one where it is accessible.

22mm pipe takes some serious overtightening to distort!.is it seized open or shut?, if open just fit another one where it is accessible.
Distortion wasn't a major worry, but I have seen a few cases where it's happened.
Oddly, it's seized about 2/3 open. I've closed it a few times in the past to do jobs, it must have got stiff at that point when opening, and I assumed it was fully open. Flow isn't noticeably poor, maybe a new valve will improve it. I take your point about another valve, but I think it will be easier to remove the olives as per ianmcd and fit the new valve. Thanks anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back