KW rating of boiler

Not saying your aren't gas safe. What is being said is why not join the cc and come chat with all the other gas engineers on the forum, most of whom don't venture into the open section ever!
Its a wealth of information, just drop the billy big b011ox attitude first or not, plenty of ego's on there already :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

So you like to venture into the dark zone then? ;)

Sponsored Links
Ok, I see how this forum stuff works. Person A has a problem, Person B says that they know how it can be solved, Person C jumps in and challenges Person B to prove his point:

He has been given correct advice to which falls on deaf ears , 10 pages on other thread with some of the posters being vaillant gurus , maybe you have something to add that has sadly been overlooked. ;)

I'll eat my hat if you have. :LOL:

Then Person D thinks Person B is a cocky little so and so:

Not saying your aren't gas safe. What is being said is why not join the cc and come chat with all the other gas engineers on the forum, most of whom don't venture into the open section ever!
Its a wealth of information, just drop the billy big b011ox attitude first or not, plenty of ego's on there already :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Person B thought that he left the school playground behind many, many, moons ago. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
yeah get in the cc jbp, steelmasons wants to rip you a new arze, and it looks like everyone else wants to watch. :LOL:

yeah get in the cc jbp, steelmasons wants to rip you a new arze, and it looks like everyone else wants to watch. :LOL:

ROFL some people really need to grow up. Looking forward to it if that's wat he wants to try. I must say I'm really afraid of joining the cc :confused: :confused: :confused:

Lol

ROFL some people really need to grow up. Looking forward to it if that's wat he wants to try. I must say I'm really afraid of joining the cc :confused: :confused: :confused:

Lol
Nothing against you mate, but at the risk of sounding like an arzelicker the lad in question really knows his stuff. One of the best on here without a doubt, I wouldn't argue with him myself, but get in the cc if you think your hard enough. :LOL:

I'm sure it will all be pink pistols at Dawn. The CC is like a big luv in. ( most of the time :mrgreen: )

Look forward to seeing you in there..

Happy new year!

I have no issues with you JPB , the issues I have are when members of this forum "talk the talk" with absolutely no back up regards facts and figures , so enlighten me what have we all.missed and to the point how are you going to solve fezsters issues given the facts so far?

Good to hear steelmasons because I don't intend on winding people up.

This is very easy to solve, a quote that my high school chemistry teacher used to say "It's like a page 3 model; seen one, seen them all." Anyway I digress, I'll provide information on how to change tap washers, etc. but for jobs like these, what I will tell you is that all of your problems (mentioned above) can be corrected, but you don't get a magician revealing his trick before he performs it, if you know what I'm saying? ;)

Yes I will admit the above rattled my cage , no offence to you personally as I don't know you from Adam.

It comes across in such a way as to suggest we are missing something , I take into account you have read the other thread as you previously admitted.

Oh right, so you have got a problem and I've heard you've been bad mouthing me behind my back on cc (before I join cc)?

Looks like you have more faces than those surrounding Big Ben!

If this is the sort of behaviour how you want me to treat you, fine, carry on. All I'm trying to get at, is why would I want to offer free specific advice on this matter, on here, on cc or to Joe Bloggs the heating engineer at the suppliers? I don't give free advice when other engineers want to spend a day with me. You're right, you don't know me and I don't know you but I'm not the one questioning your integrity so why do you need to question mine? Until I know another engineer, I'm in competition with him, that's business.

There are some engineers far further down the road than others on the road to engineer enlightenment in the CC

One thing is for sure though is the depth people are willing to go to in there to help other engineers, whether it's information, parts ect. I've even had engineers come out to my jobs ( and refuse payment) to help me solve issues.

It is like a brotherhood, I wouldn't change it for anything. It's worth joining For the mine of information and reference material alone

The CC is a useful place to be if you are gas safe registered...no question...

But its dominated by some strong characters who are not quite as plugged in as they should be.

In the case of this thread, I would bet that all that is needed is a new PCB which vaillant have modified.

The issue is that some of the guys managed to get an acceptable performance with the old PCB, and they just can't accept that the issue was resolved by vaillant..

and yes the new pcb does make the boiler more installer and installation friendly...

ALEC1, Im sure I've asked this question before, but any idea how to get a hold of the new PCB ??

And yes, I have asked Vaillant about it, and the "rep" on the other end of the phone seemed to have no idea what I was on about, or any interest in helping me any further. This happened more than once.

I was told by someone quite senior in vaillant that the improved board would just work its way into the system..clearly they can't announce its existence as it would a) look like they got something wrong and b) **** off a lot of people.

Do you have a competent installer..or technician to hand...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back