labc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Last year I passed the 2330 level 2 and 17th Reg's, due to unforeseen problem's I’m only just starting out. I don't work for a company yet but someone's asked me to wire up their garage. I know what to do but I’m not part p certified. Does anyone know how much the LABC charge for testing is or is it ok to get a part p certified spark to sign it off ?

Sponsored Links
Hello Jeff.

Is the job outside Scotland then ?
Sorry but not sure about labc 'charges' , but know that many electricians will not sign off work that has been installed by others.

Regards

Ed.

Does anyone know how much the LABC charge for testing is or is it ok to get a part p certified spark to sign it off ?

Charges vary from under £100 to well over £300.

No one else will be able to sign your work off - all of the competent persons schemes are for that persons work only, not other peoples.

There is a set price in Wales set by the Assembly but reading the web site it was hard to work out exactly what this is. Also there are concessions for disabled etc. And working on my dad's house it was FOC.
I think somewhere between £70 and £120 but the LABC are very helpful and worth a visit. They don't have anyone who can really check your work and with me they just took the insulation certificate and issued the completion cert on strength of that.
I do hold C&G 2391 and C&G 2382 plus degree in electronic and electrical engineering from Newi and Deeside so easy for them to check and also it was unlikely I would cut corners on my dad's house.
Since same area would be interested on how you get on?
As to getting a Part P spark I know it is done but the spark is taking a risk at getting caught he should of course inspect at each stage and I would not want to put my Part P status on the line and I would not think anyone else would either.
Eric

Sponsored Links
thnx all, very helpfull, i think i'm best giving the labc a call as the charges may vary. I understand about getting another spark to sign off, when i do get mine i wouldn't risk it. Nice to see another flintshire lad on here.

Most of us at some time trained by Stan! He was still doing C&G2382 last year must be 80 odd now?
I would think you went to Deeside most of us did. And of course my names sake Mr Palmer not related.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back