LABC and Regs

Apparently I can do the work on a DIY basis with site visits at 1st fix and 2nd fix - but I have to use and pay for a specific company to get them to test it which again breaches the approved document...

Anyway I'll get the BN put in and then crack on!

Sponsored Links
Well you may as well try and buddy up with a self cert sparky and leave him to notify, it costs me £1.50 + vat to notify a job, whats it costing you??

Birmingham City Council said:
Work carried out by unregistered electricians

Where work is being carried out by an unregistered electrician on a DIY basis you will need to submit a Part P Building Notice to us. This will incur a charge to cover the cost to send an inspector to site to carry out first-fix and final inspections, and to verify your contractor's test results. Once this is satisfactory a completion certificate will be issued by us

What a badly worded document. open to even more "interpretation".

"" an unregistered electrician on a DIY basis "" and "" verify your contractor's test results ""

Is the unregistered electrician also the contractor ? or sre they two separate people, the word contractor implying he or she is "qualified" and/or registered.

Sponsored Links
But to me there is a situation where someone who hasn't a clue with any regs can arise and rewire a house and Part P caters for this.
No it doesn't.

34245971.jpg

Someone without a clue could not comply with P1, and a bit of I&T at the end would not make their work compliant.

I don't think it's fair that LABC just says "Nope sorry we're not enforcing that part of the regs".
Take legal advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back