Lack of Freeview channels....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just installed an HDD LG Recorder with Freeview+.

I have split the ariel feed with an SLX 2 way masthead UHF Aerial Amp to split the feed outside and a Masthead amp with mains power supply to place in the lounge to boost the signal.

Picture quality is good. however, here lies the problem...

I have BBC1, BBC2, ITV1 and Ch4 on Analogue channels and other freeview channels via DTV....but....don't receive Ch 5, ITV2, ITV3, E4, More4 and some other Freeview channels.....

I did connect the Lounge and bedroom feeds via the SLX 2 way masthead UHF Aerial Amp and put the lounge feed from OUT 2 and the bedroom feed via OUT 1 - WOuld this make a difference??

Freeview website says I am able to receive all available channels.

Can anyone tell me if I have installed incorrectly, or if I am just unable to receive the normal BBC1 etc and the channels I am missing????

Feel pretty gutted at the moment as the pice of kit and add ons just set me back about £260.....

Another point, I have family less than 3 miles away and they recieve all channels with the the same old ariel on the roof, same as me.

Any help greatly appreciated....

Sponsored Links
i get different results with different boxes in different rooms and different everytime i re-tune and they are all from the same ariel

i get my signal from reigate althoug all 4 tune into 1 to 5 on freeveiw

although my father 1/2 a mile further towards the kent surrey border dosnt get 1to5

what transmitter are you on!!

How have you aligned your aerial since messing about and adding the masthead amp?

Sponsored Links
Didn't touch the arial....just added the amp and splitter box.

redirect from the other duplicate thread

Thanks ChrisFrost - sorry - didn't think it really mattered about the threads....

There is a A/D button the TV remote....just found that on there. When I tuned the Freeview in, I did it via the DVD Recorder and not via the TV, does that matter?

The tuner sensitivity might be different in the TV and the DVD recorder. It's worth tuning both.

How was the Freeview reception before?

Do you know if you have too much gain that it can be as bad as to weak a signal?

I have just about given up with freeview. Since analogue was turned off my TV seems to want re-tuning again and again. Each time I seem to get different number of channels found. I can see transmitter out of the window for Welsh but aerials are aimed at English. This it seems is main problem. They keep altering the power from both transmitters so one time BBC is Welsh next time it's English.
Sky works on Post codes which is a pain as prefer English but easy to set English on favourites. And it stays as set. Every day I get same program on same channel. So for bed rooms I have used free to air boxes and also connected to main Sky box and given up with freeview completely.
And now I have got use to watching "Films for Men" and can't see me ever returning to terrestrial TV.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back