lack of hot water fron Triton LP 3000 shower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The hot water from the same feed is OK. The shower used to be ok but has recently gone lukewaqrm at max heat setting. What could be wrong inside the shower? I haven't yet tried anything.

Sponsored Links
Can't say I'm not familiar with a Triton LP 3000, but my guess would be that if it is an electric shower fitted with twin elements, then it is likely that one of the elements has failed.

If the shower is fitted with a 3 position heat selector switch (Low, med, max) Then low turns on the smallest element, medium the larger element and max puts both on together.

By operating the shower and changing the switch between the positions you will be able to test to see which one has failed as there will be no heat supplied at all in either low or med positions, and the max position will be exactly the same as either Low or med. (ie the only one working element)

Elements can't be replaced individually as they are an integral part of the "kettle" and it's not cost effective to replace it. Probably time for a new shower.

There could be a problem with the selector switch or the wiring, but this is unlikely and you will need (and be able to use) test equipment to check.

Apologies if the LP 3000 is not an electric shower, and if it isn't that's probably why I've never heard of it. :D

Hi, stem. Thanks for the suggestion but my shower is not electrically heated.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the hot inlet for debri / scale ect
Hi terridoh. I haven't checked it yet but I will. Thanks for the suggestion. When the temperature knob is turned, what moves inside a good shower to let in more hot and less cold? Does the action have anything to do with the inlet valves? The booklet says they are to prevent cross flow. It doesn't say anything about water temperature control. Any idea?

The valves allow mixing of the water to adjust the temperature. It sounds as if you have a flow problem in the hot pipe or valve.

Hi wingcoax. Thanks. I'm told the valves also prevent cross flow. I suppose the temperature control opens valves to give the right amounts? I'm told agree the blocked pipe possibility also but perhaps a valve has got itself stuck due to limescale. What do you reckon? I live in a hard water area. I'd like to find out how to access the valves so I can clean them. What tools would I need? Any idea?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back