Lady with Biasi Hot Water Problem, PLEASE HELP???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there

Temperate control for Central heating is working correctly but the hot water temperature keeps fluctuating and won't remain constant. It just gets hotter and hotter. The temperature knob for hot water doesn't seem to be doing anything. I only seem to get constant temp hot water when the central heating is on. What could be the problem and how could it get fixed?
If any one has any idea, it would be great. It is a nightmare having a shower as I either get boiled or frozen......

Sponsored Links
Now I have central heating, but no hot water........?????? :cry:

I just a paid a man to fit a new ignitor and I was very happy that I had heating again... :cry: until I had a shower

How much would this set me back roughly?

Sponsored Links
I just a paid a man to fit a new ignitor and I was very happy that I had heating again... until I had a shower :cry:

How much would this set me back roughly?
:confused:

If you have just paid someone to fix the boiler then dont you expect him to get it working again, I would !

Martha

I am waiting for him to return from holiday...

The initial problem with the boiler started when it sprung a leak, then stopped firing up completely. Mr plumber replaced the ignition pcb and there was c/h and d/h/w but very very hot... but I was very :D

2 days later..the boiler fires up for c/h but stops heating for d/h/w. So if anyone else is having similar problems do not let your plumber leave until you've had a shower!!

The diverter valve may have failed and is preventing the boiler sensing hot water demand.

Whilst the temperature sensors may have failed and they need to be checked, they are pretty reliable. Perhaps he accidentally pulled off the green plug?

If the green plugs are in place, I am more inclined to suspect the gas valve minimum and maximum are not set correctly. That needs a competent CORGI engineer.

Motto, dont get your boiler fixed by anyone who goes on holidays!

Tony Glazier

Just out of curiousity, how do I know if they are competant Corgi Registered plumber? :confused:

You can ask him for his CORGI number and then check it on the CORGI web site or by telephoning CORGI.

As to whether he is competent, that more of a problem.

If you dont know of someone then its probably best to call the manufacturer ( 01902 304400 ) and ask for the names of their local service agents. They will be familiar with the model and have all the spare parts.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back