Laminate around a toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, is it possible to lay laminate flooring around a toilet as so to make the finish where the ceramic meets the wood neat?

If it is, how do I do it?

Sponsored Links
no it is not possible you have to leave an exspantion, gap some fitters will you,se a sillicon sealent to fill the gap but if you want my advise have vinyl installed

another choice is to unscrew the pan lay the laminate underneath then screw down the pan
you would only have to scribe to the outlett pipe[less obvious]you would get away with a 2mm all round gap the soil pipe as the floor will not moove much under the pan

I have seen a thick rope round the toilet pan pinned to the floor which quite nice and paint it to match the pan or the laminated flooring.

Sponsored Links
Haven't seen that one Masona, sounds nice, but I would worry a bit about hygiene (specially with little man-folk around)

I have also seen it around the edge of the flooring as well and around fireplaces. Most of these difference type of rope come from the boatyard

Never done that, but I do know you can buy 'boat-deck' type of flooring where rope is 'inlayed' in the bevels (pretty expensive, though)
We used rope to finish wall papering of neatly at ceilings when cornishes (correct word?) were damaged, worked a treat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back