laminate floor adhesive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I want to lay down a flooring which has a man made base surfaced by a thinnish layer of solid wood, in this case Oak. At the moment there is parquet flooring that itself has seen better days and this is layed onto concrete using a black adhesive which looks like it is also a damp barrier. This looks to be in very good condition and well bonded to the concrete, what I want to know is can I take up the parquet and lay the new flooring using a similar adhesive on top of this. Does anyone know a suitable product that is an adhesive and damp prover at the same time. I have used,around the house a product that is a sort of black bitumen that can be painted on to provide a good damp seal and seems to have a good bite to it.

Any ideas welcome,

Thanks in advance

Jim

Sponsored Links
How thick is the material?. If the existing floor is sound and the new is thin enough, can you not just make it a floating floor?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back