Laminate floor & fire surround

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The billy bodget who fitted the marble fire surround in our house layed it on top of the carpet!! I'm now fitting a wooden laminate floor.Should i (a) Lay the marble onto the under floor insualtion (for the laminate),(b)lay the marble on top of the wooden floor or (c) lay the marble on to the original concrete floor??

Sponsored Links
You can lay the marble on the concrete or even on the underlay but don't lay it on the laminate floor.

Is there any preference?? I was thinking of laying it on tne concrete then if it's not level the insulation tiles i have for the floor will level it out......

I at first thought you meant the thin Laminate underlay on a roll but I gather you mean the tiles of about 8mm thick. In that case I would go for laying it directly onto the concrete. The hearths I fit are bedded down with Drywall adhesive which will do the job of taking out the uneveness of your floor.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help!! Any other tips on this laminate flooring?? I'm a little confused as to the best place to start laying in the room,is it best to start on a flat wall with the least obstructions or should i get the fireplace out of the way first?? (which would require some trimming of the laminate boards)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back