Laminate floor, silicone for edge ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am fitting slate tile effect laminate floor in my kitchen, I fully understand that 10mm expansion is required but I have white gloss units, I have removed skirting etc but what can I do where the floor meets of my kitchen base unit decor end panels. Could I get away with a 5mm gap at these points and a surface smear of silicone over the top obviously without pumping the gap full. What do the Pros do in these situations as kitchen units are nearly always in place before floors are laid ? Cheers for your thoughts

Sponsored Links
remove the plinths cut off the floor+underlay thickness from the plinth and end panels to 10mm from the front edge

you can cut the side panels with a hand saw underlay thickness board upside down run saw across the top off the board 11mm deep for expansion so you will roughly remove a 11mm cube

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back