Laminate flooring and curved granite hearth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a fire installed with a curved granite hearth years ago when we had carpet. Since then we have removed the carpet and layed laminate flooring. Ideally of course the flooring would have been layed first and then the granite hearth put on top! However, we are now faced with trying to find something that will be used to cover the expansion gap. The hearth is black mottled granite so something black and of course flexible to go around the curved front to the hearth.

Has anyone out there got any ideas? We don't really want to use a sealant. Something that would sit into the gap and then give a neat looking profile?

Many thanks for any ideas.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I'll take a look. Our flooring is dark varnished Maple but I think it would look better to have something black to go with the hearth. I did find some matt gold strip that was used when we had Karndean floor tiles layed in the hall. It is flexible and we can bend it around the hearth but it's not long enough to cover the front curve which means we would have to join it in the middle which wouldn't look so good. Also not quite sure how we would attach it as basically it just sits over the expansion gap.
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back