laminate flooring for kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When laying laminate flooring for kitchen do you have to use the same principle leaving 10mm from the skirting board as well?

2nd question, Can you screw into floorboard rather than using nailing?, I’m just thinking may be screw will be much stronger than nail and easy to unscrew if needed.

Thank You

Sponsored Links
Laminate is far from ideal in kitchen areas. Where the boards are joined, any exposure to moisture or water spills will lead to the swelling of joints.

In addition, laminate should be fitted on top of underlay as a floating floor. The floor should not be fixed with neither nails or screws. You would still need the manufacturers recommended expansion gap around the skirting/outside.

If you would like a "Wood" effect product in your kitchen, perhaps wood effect lino is more suitable ?

Apparently,you can use laminated in flooring kitchen & bathroom providing you use a 100% waterproof glue like Dazu glue.See this

Sponsored Links
eh ??? what happening here everything seems to be double posting :LOL:

See. I knew you two had started already, well, masona at least, or is he a "lightweight" ??

See. I knew you two had started already, well, masona at least, or is he a "lightweight" ??

masona said:
Apparently,you can use laminated in flooring kitchen & bathroom providing you use a 100% waterproof glue like Dazu glue.See this
Wouldn't the old hand mix cascamite do the job? If I remember rightly it used to set like concrete, used to use it to repair snooker cues and any I did never split in the same place again (excepting bar brawls that is !!)

The original post asked if they could screw into floorboard instead of nailing . I think they meant to fix the floorboards to the joists and not the laminate to the floorboards. The answer is yes. If you did mean screwing the laminate to the floorboards then disregard the above and seek immediate medical attention.

I meant fix floorboards to the joist using screws, not
immediate :evil:

Regards

Becareful not to hit cable & pipe underneath etc............

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back