Laminate Flooring - How to stagger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am in the process of putting down some laminate flooring and I wanted some advice on how to stagger the laminate flooring.

The room takes 3 lengths of the laminate flooring (1.28m) and then needs an end piece of around 10cm, I have read it is not ideal to finish on a piece this small.

Can you advise the best way to stagger the boards?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just cut a board in half or thereabouts, when you lay a strip, you start the next strip with the piece that was left over.

I tried that, but i ended up with an end piece that was fairly similar in size to the first piece I used, is this a problem?

On the first board of the first row, saw about 10-20cm off from the side which goes against the wall. When when you come to fit the first row, your last piece should be about 20-30cm long. Use the remainder of that length of laminate to start second row.

Sponsored Links
if its in a doorway or other highwear area then worry a bit :D
if its in general then dont worry but avoid any joint within 300mm/12" off another
as said start another run with a part cut board to give a 300mm plus overlap mid board
you may even need to start a third board but unliky
as said start the next row with the off cut from the last or row before

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back