laminate flooring into alcove, how?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are about to lay Wickes Fast Fix Real Wood Flooring (oak veneer) in a bedroom. Have never done this before and need advice as to how to start as the wall opposite the door includes an alcove. Should I start in the alcove or what?

Am concerned that if I start with alcove subsequent lengths might need to be cut down. Should I try and accomodate this by cutting down alcove pieces first or could this lead to problems?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also have had conflicting advice as to acclimatising the boards. Wickes instructions say leave in room unopened for 72 hours. Have ignored this and opened packs following advice found on this site, it makes better sense. Glad I did as many of the boards were damaged and will be exchanged today. We need to get job done ASAP.

Sponsored Links
May be too late, but it will make your job easier if you start with the longest straightest wall. Getting the first row straight is the most important thing; without that, the while thing will be wonky.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back