Laminate flooring lifting at edges

m0t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had our bathroom redone in may and chose a laminate flooring for the finish. We bought Aqualoc from B&Q and it was fitted by the decorator and at the time looked perfect.

After a couple of months we noticed that around the edges of one board in an area that gets wet during bathing there was lifting of the board edges.

After that we have been much more careful with the bathroom floor in order to protect the finish - We now use more towels and mats when bathing and when finished the floor is dried using a towel. The only other time the floor gets wet is when it is cleaned.

The problem is that the edges of most of the boards in the room are now lifting to some degree. Is there anything we can do to repair this damage?

Sponsored Links
The edges all the way around the boards including the uncut edges are lifting.

Sponsored Links
unfortunately I don't think there is anything you can do. I believe that the click joints are treated/waxed to make them water resistant. Any cut edges would absorb moisture and water unless sealed before laying. Once this sort of damage has occurred I am unaware of anything you can do to rectify it. However if the areas that are lifting are the sealed click joints contact the supplier explaining the problem. Sorry about the negative answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back