laminate flooring -staggering the joins

J

jeepster

hi all.
going to lay quick step flooring, the type i have bought comes in same size planks of size Length: 1380mm
Width: 156mm.

whats the best size to cut these planks down to?
so as to stager the joins?

Sponsored Links
You don't need to (unless the length of your room is an exact multiple of 1380mm!). When you get to the end of your first row, what ever you cut off for the last board will be the start of your second row and that will create the stagger for you.

I'm sure it tells you all this if you read up on it.

you should overlap by 12" [300mm] mininum

if the offcut dosn't give you 12" cut a new length to start the second row keeping in mind youll need to cut the new board to a length that will allow the origional offcut to start row three

clear as mud eeehhh :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Sponsored Links
hi both, the boards are whats called perspective4. so each board has a groove around the edge, this shows as a join when fitted on th efloor.

i was going to stagger every second row by 500mm, but having soom some pics in magazines it looks like some people stager both the second and third rows.

just wondered what would look best, have decided to stagger the second board by 4500mm, and the third by 900mm.

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back