Laminate flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everybody

I recently laid a laminate flooring all throughout my lounge kitchen and hallway. However I separated all three rooms.

What I'm finding is my laminate flooring is Starting to lift at some of the joints. I've taken the skirting boards back up to confirm that I still have my gap all the way around the edges. Approximately 10 MM.

I put 3 mm thick insulation underneath which I was advised in the shop to use. It's happening in each room in small areas. Lounge has a wooden subfloor ie floorboards and Kitchen has a concrete sub floor. The insulation is for both concrete and wood.

In some areas I'm finding it's near a piece of heavy furniture Ie a coat stand or a side table.

Could anybody advise me on if my guess above is right and what else could possibly be the cause? I really would appreciate any help here as although it's not bad I'm quite worried that the problem will keep getting worse.

Cheers
DIYtrainee

Sponsored Links
do you have an empty 8-12mm gaps all the way round including door frames door ways and round pipes

I do. Other people have said this to me as well so in my paranoia I took for the skirting boards and checked again.

Sponsored Links
What brand of laminate flooring is it and what was the thickness? Were the subfloors completely level and flat?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back