Laminate flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am doing the spare room and now thinking about some laminate flooring, I wonder if anyone can give me some advice.

I am putting up plasterboards and having the other walls skimmed, I have removed the skirting boards:

Do i lay the flooring with the new skirting boards down?

There are wood floorbaords thee now, how to I make sure they are flat and if not how do i get a flat surface?

If i lay skirting boards over new flooring does tghat mean they wont have chance to expland?

And, can anyone recoommend some good lamiinate flooring, have read that some are a nightmare and dont fit together properly

Cheers

Darren

Sponsored Links
Hi MAte,

Firstly put the floor down first and then your new skirtings on top to cover the 5mm expansion gap all around.

if the floor is slightly uneven you will get away with using the tile sheet underlay for on top of existing boards. But if its very uneven for best results I would pull up the protruding boards and replace with wood that brings the floor even.

as far as expansion as long as you leave the 5mm gap all around you can fit the skirtings directly on top. these types of floors dont expand as much as real wood.

like with everything , you get what you pay for mate!, dont get the boards you have to glue! snap lock is much better. in my experience (ive fitted about 50 floors in my time) dont go near floors to go or focus. B&Q do good floors and so do wickes!

Click flooring is fine as long as you don't have to fit it round door frames.If you have to take it through a door that is parallel to your floor it is easier to cut it where the door closes and fit a cover/threshold,bar,then carry on laying.Pergo and Quickstep are two good makes.

Sponsored Links
the other posting was started as accident as i thought this thread wasnt posted, sorry for the confusion guys, but thanks for the advice

Darren

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back