Laminate Floors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Any suggestions to laying a laminate floor in a first floor bedroom?

Any DO'S or DONTS?

Any suggested products which people have used? I have heard a few bad things about certain floors etc

Do the skirting go on before or after?

Many Thanks

Darren

Sponsored Links
If you've got the skirtings off, put them back on when you've fitted the laminate. If you're gonna use trim, instead of using the proper trim (that's usually about a fiver for 2m and rarely matches the laminate) I used 16mm quadrant. Paint/stain it to match the skirting then pin it to the skirting. Looks pretty good in my opinion and because you can get it in really long lengths, there's less joins in long runs. The unfinished quadrant works out at about 38p a metre from my local builders merchants. ;)

gcol

An interesting reply, but would you stick it on to the skirting, or pin it?

I have found it difficult to pin that size of quadrant.

Sponsored Links
sandwell said:
gcol

An interesting reply, but would you stick it on to the skirting, or pin it?

I have found it difficult to pin that size of quadrant.

I'd pin it. You try and stick it and it'll ping off at the ends. I tried it using Gripfill and there was no chance - it kept coming off.

I used 30mm x 1.6mm panel pins. The only real drawback with pinning them on is that you should really fill over the heads. (I haven't bothered yet though - I'm gonna wait and see if the wife starts whinging about it :D )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back