laminate over uneven chipboard due to flooring joists.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have chipboard flooring through my lounge and dining room but for some reason the floor has a slight slope going from the lounge into the dining room. It's enough to make funiture across it tilt. I want to lay long plank laminate but can anyone suggest how I stop it from possibly lifting at the joins over this slope or causing the laminate to become bouncy.

Sponsored Links
I laid a laminate floor in my kitchen 2 years ago, acoss the width of 3.5 mts. it ran off by 20mm added to which it was a mixture of wood and concrete and had meeting lumps and bumps all over. I phoned the flooring importer who advised me to take out the kitchen units, have the floor skimed.
What I ended up doing was using the thick green underlay it was a bit bouncy for a couple of months but that stopped, it looks ok.

My wife who drove me mad for the laminate in the first place, has now decided she no longer likes it and wants tiles. Don't you just love em to death.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back