Laminate Upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are considering putting laminate down in our (upstairs) flat. Ideally I would have liked carpet but simply couldn't afford it. We have bought some 6mm Laminate from Homebase to put in by the front door this weekend, would 6mm be OK for upstairs? Are there any special measures aside from getting an underlay with noise insulating properties we need to take before laying upstairs? The people below say they don't hear us which is amazing given the number of creaky floorboards we have, but they may just be being polite.

In terms of joining to the top of the stairs, what is the best way of joining the Laminate to the carpeted stair? I was thinking something along the lines of this: http://www.floorsave.co.uk/accessor...floorsave-product-feed&utm_campaign=floorsave unless there is an easier or better way.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Been there done it removed it.
Have it down stairs and swear by it great for dogs and kids mess.
Upstairs we fitted 6mm sound deadening board and it still sounded like eveyone had clogs on. cold in winter. Removed as soon as possible

Hmm, good points, thanks. Given that our hallway is always cold in the winter due to no rads in there, I imagine laminate would be pretty cold underfoot. The noise is my biggest concern as if it's bad it could ruin the relationship with the neighbours downstairs!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back