Laminate / Wood flooring on 'NOT' 100% flat floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Guys

Having my room floors screaded at the moment, used to be an old factory made into flats, floors where all over the place. Anyway, there differences in the floor of up to 2 inches in points. I was advised by a lot of people, that I would never get the floor Completely flat, and that flooring would go onto the scread as long as not lumps or bumps.

Guys have done around a 1/4 of the job, and looks great, but as I said, some slight gradiants still, but nothing major.

Will laminate / Wood flooring go onto it ok?

Ive been told not to worry, just the perfectionist in me has me concerned.

thanks in advance guys

Sponsored Links
is it flat ??
if its flat on a slope then fine
its hollows that cause problems if you have anymore than 2mm dip over a metre you will begin to get springing and creaking

is it flat ??
if its flat on a slope then fine
its hollows that cause problems if you have anymore than 2mm dip over a metre you will begin to get springing and creaking

Hi All

Yer mate, its flat, and it does slope, but as you say, doesn't go over 2mm within a metre.

Its a big space (80 metre squared), and was thinking it may not take laminate, for a space that size, would you think you would need flooring more than 7mm thick, or wouldnt it matter?

Trying to do it as cheap as poss, on the bones of my bum lol!!!

thank You man

Sponsored Links
it will be above the recomended size without without additional expansion gaps [6m plus neends an other expansion gap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back