Laminated floor in conservatory & appropriate underlay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to install laminated floor in the conservatory.
The conservatory is of concrete floor construction with DPM under concrete.
I have more or less decide on Uniclik 950V range
but willing to change if advise from you wisemen could convince that I have chosen a poor product.
Q1) Is the laminated floor appropriate for my use?

There are no heating in the conservatory but will have a oil filled radiator soon

Q2) What kind of underlay is appropriate?

Uniclik seems to push for their combi underlay & I read somewhere that if not use, guarantee void. Floor 2 go seems to push a gold backed underlay.

Q3) What is the differences?

Q4) Do I still need to put a polythene sheet under the underlay?

Q5) Any experience to share regarding using laminated floor in conservatoy & problem encountered etc?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm a bit rush now so can't write much, find the manufacture helpline to see if it's suitable for conservatory. I'm thinking the click flooring type may unclick itself due the expansion of a very hot conservatory in the summer. The expansion gap round the edge of the room will also be important. A member 'Woodyoulike' on here may know more about this.

Cheers Masona, we're here ;))

We always recommend Wood-Engineered flooring in area that can have rapid changes in temperatures (like conservatories). Since we don't supply laminated flooring I'm not sure how to advice you on the use of this product in you conservatory. Depends on the quality of the product.

If the manufacturer states you have to use the underlay they suggest, best to do so. If there should be any problems in future, that's the first thing they will ask.
Every manufacturer names it's products different and there are some tiny differences, but most of them work the same: DPM as moist barrier, foam or rubber for sound-insulation.

Yes, you need to put a DPM on screed/concrete flooring (or one of the combines products).

For the use of (laminated) flooring in conservatories: try to keep the air humidity within 'specification': between 45 - 65 %. In winter this will be hard, very dry air outside will reduce the airhumidity also inside. In spring and autumn (higher humidity) make sure you ventilate regularly.
Even with laminated flooring you have to keep expansions gaps around the floor. DON'T fill this completely with corkstrips.

Hope this helps. any other questions, we are here to serve ;))

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back