laminate on tiles in conservatory ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Our conservatory has a tiled floor on a concrete base. Its sound and dry. I'm fishing for any guidance whether laminate flooring will make the old tiles 'sweat'. or will the underlay combat this ? .. Any suggestions appreciated thanks
Might look at Viynl strip laminate ?

Not used much in winter.

Sponsored Links
You can put down a dmp first to make sure, but it should be okay. Sorry, do you mean Vinyl strips, or laminate though. Vinyl will be warmer than laminate, and engineered wood would be the warmest of all.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your input , I was thinking underlay used with at 4.5 thick. The tiles are 12"X 12"
and nice n level but hmm, the grout line might be an issue after a few years I guess ? So after looking at cost of that LVT click, were going for a quality laminate, as were thinking 5 yrs before we move house> wow its pricey that LVT lol .
thanks chaps sorry late reply I couldn't see this post last night its me age lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back