laminated floor on wooden slightly uneven shuterply base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have had a loft room built with 16mm shutterply boards (probably approx. 1m x 2m each) being the base. They are not perfectly level with each other and in places are several mm difference in height. To lay a screed on a wooden base seems hugely costly, with a local product called super screed + a lot of bonding liquid required. Laying some sort of a thick rubber mat is another possibility, and obviously trying to plain down the joints, or screw or nail down as best as possible, another.

Has anyone had a similar experience, or can anyone shed any light on the issue for me

Thanks

Sponsored Links
colour said:
Hi

Laying some sort of a thick rubber mat is another possibility, and obviously trying to plain down the joints, or screw or nail down as best as possible, another.

Combine the two methods and see what it does. (Cheap) laminated flooring isn't worth the extra expenses for other options. Timbermate rubber could be suitable for the job.

just trying to work out why they are not level they should be joined on a joist if not they should be battoned together if they arnt tied together and they move when you stand on them you will finish up with possible breaks or cracks

if the problem is away from a joint ie mid board i would still like to know if its springy!!!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back