land change of use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how can you change what land is classified as and who do you appy to?i mean if you owned a piece of greenfield land and you wanted to run a coarse fishery so you would have to change it to leisure land.all information greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
The LDP (Local Development Plan) is organised and set at a local level and sets a framework for what will and will not be granted planning permission in the short to medium term:-

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/england/public/localinfo/

Decisions made at a local level can, and do get overturned at a central level (cross my palm with silver / matching old boy tie, etcetera, ad nauseum ad infinitum)

So for Cardiganshire, you need to apply to Ceredigion County Council Planning.

hth

I was involved in a similar situation where a developer wanted to build a few houses on a piece of land he had bought adjacent to his house. We were looking at getting 5no. 5-bed detached houses on it. However, this land was classed as "agricultural" so it was going to be difficult, if not impossible to try and get the relevant permission. After numerous discussions, surveys and reports, it was decided the land was too "mushy" to be used for agriculture and so the land use was changed, which meant a planning application was submitted.

Sponsored Links
I was involved in a similar situation . After numerous discussions, surveys and reports, it was decided the land was too "mushy" to be used , .
Another scandal... :eek: It could have been used for growing peas :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back