Land drainage in parking area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

With all the lovely weather we've had, I've noticed that the rain water drains in the car park at home (jointly owned in defined chunks by various people) are not running freely, and I suspect they have lots of debris such as leaves and litter blocking them.

Would rodding them be the best way to resolve this, or would I need someone to Jet them, and if so, how on earth do we work out who foots the bill if jetting is required?!!!?

I am not sure either which way they drain off to, which I guess would be useful to attack a blockage from the opposite end. They do drain eventually, but very, very slowly - there are 2 grids, and I can't see any further ones nearby that are backing up, or in a straight line with them.

Many thanks in anticipation!

Dan T

Sponsored Links
Ah yes, the old commual repairs Dan. Never an easy one! Equal shares for all the owners/users. If you are involved, which is not wise, get some money up front from everyone before you even think about calling someone in. Jetting is expensive, where a Handyman with a set of rods may be all you'll need.

Due to the Summer rain I'm sure it looks worse than it is.
HTH

With all the lovely weather we've had, I've noticed that the rain water drains in the car park at home ......

I believe that the gulleys should be cleared out regularly, the solid matter settles at the base of the gulley and eventually blocks the drain outlet. There may be a petrol interceptor as well, I wouldn't know what regulations apply to your situation. Is it liable to flooding?

Sponsored Links
With all this rain it is flooding every time due to the drains, but not an at risk area otherwise.

Think I might just invest in a set of rods, as they always come in handy - better to have some just in case!

Regards

Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back