Land of My Fathers

Sponsored Links
All animals are unpredictable, including humans.
The fact is nature is not taking its course when you lock a beast like this up in a small fish tank.

The fact is nature is not taking its course when you lock a beast like this up in a small fish tank.
I find it strange that it even crossed anyone's mind to put the whale down (glad they didn't) - presumably they worked out eventually that it wasn't a danger to the general public, and that it's actions were not likely to be premeditated!

Sponsored Links
We think, as a species, that we're at one with nature. [/url]

So sad. Don't know why, but I find this humbling
I think we are at one with nothing but our own selfish greed on this planet :rolleyes:

We think, as a species, that we're at one with nature. [/url]

So sad. Don't know why, but I find this humbling
I think we are at one with nothing but our own selfish greed on this planet :rolleyes:

Totally agree.
This is going off topic a bit but have a neighour who at the height of property boom was offered 190% (within two years of ownership) over what his loan company paid for a property that had his name on it as being the owner. He refused.
It flooded a while back due to the frost and took a ceiling down and ruined all the carpets. Insurance didn't pay out. Has cost him a small fortune to date.
Today its worth no more than 30% more than the purchase price and with the devaluing of money over time its becomes even more worthless.
Greed sets in as always. No doubt he was waiting for the offer price to reach 200k and even then I don't believe he would have sold.

I find it strange that it even crossed anyone's mind to put the whale down (glad they didn't) - presumably they worked out eventually that it wasn't a danger to the general public, and that it's actions were not likely to be premeditated!

The day after the event, i saw an older, suited (expert) gentleman on the tv saying that it was actually a premeditated action by the whale.

But how can it have been? Whales don't have the same values as we do, nor the understanding. It might just have fancied a bit of 'rough 'n' tumble' with a 'friend. But not understanding that our bodies can't cope with the crushing power of their jaws, or worse still, prolonged submersion in water.....

For me, it was an accepted risk of the job..... not the whale's fault

.... still very very sad !

The day after the event, i saw an older, suited (expert) gentleman on the tv saying that it was actually a premeditated action by the whale.

But how can it have been?
If it was premeditated, and the elderly gentleman knew it was going to happen, then how come she went anywhere near it - presumably he tipped her off, or else he is complicit in her murder :confused:

Thats one hell of a leap!

My grand dauhter wanted to watch it over and over then demanded I find other 'nature' type clips for her to watch.
Brilliant!

Sponsored Links
Back