Landing Light Position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where is the best position to put a light pendant if you walk straight up the stairs and the landing comes back on itself, so the plan view of it would be a rectangle with the stairs on the right and landing on the left.

Is that a clear enough description :?: [/url]

Sponsored Links
The landing is only 2.5M long by 1M running parallel with stairs, so would it be best to just have a pendant at top of the stairs? Two would be too many!

So long as there is no partition wall between the landing and the stairs, I would probably put the pendant somewhere between 1/3 and 1/5 way down the landing from the head of the stairs and above the banister. It all depends on what suits best, just stand back and have a look

Sponsored Links
Each side of the runway!!

Sorry couldn't resist that

nozspark said:
So long as there is no partition wall between the landing and the stairs, I would probably put the pendant somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 way down the landing from the head of the stairs and above the banister. It all depends on what suits best, just stand back and have a look

What was I on about 1/5???? meant 1/2

In my grandma's house, there is a quarter-landing, where the stairs turn 90 degrees and continue for 4 more steps, then the landing runs at 90 degrees, going back on the majority of the steps. the light is above the 4 steps. (so at one end really, though this may be because there's a window there, and all the lights upstairs are by windows in their house)

I'd just say make sure every step is illuminated by a light upstairs or downstairs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back