Landis and Gyr Diverter Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I have a Worcester system Boiler fitted 3 yrs ago. Whole System is 18 yrs old and been trouble free,

In last couple of days hot water ok but heating not coming on. It seems the boiler heats up to tank required temperature but shuts off after a few mins. Checked thermostat high, pump running ok.

We had a new solenoid fitted to the motorised valve about 8 yrs ago when it packed up on a cold Friday.

So, when moving the motorised valve lever you hear the movement and BINGO -heating comes on. Clearly it stays on until the next shut off. Looking at the posts -should I buy a replacement motor or try and fit a new solenoid first. No leaks or any obvious issues around the valve. Del Boy

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the problem will be cured with a new synchron motor. There is not a solenoid in this valve.

Thanks Oilhead-

Are they fairly Universal- ?
i am pretty competent, replaced rad valves/rads flushed the system etc l.the valve is easily accessible and model no readable.

derek

Which Landis & Gyr actuator do you have? The length of the drive spigot can vary, The popular one has a spigot length of approx 5mm but some are 10mm.

Sponsored Links
So, when moving the motorised valve lever you hear the movement and BINGO -heating comes on. Clearly it stays on until the next shut off

Have a look at the bit in bold delboy
if that is true and you can walk away from the valve (with out latching it) and the heating/hot woter work normally, then a new motor will not help you.
one of the micro switches has failed in the valve actuator
you req a new actuator

Matt

OK thanks matt -yes it seems a bit temperamental- has come on ok just now when I cranked up the heating.

The actuator - is that the synchron motor ?

Derek

I may be wrong, but MAV322 does not have a 'changeable' actuator. I still think if the motor works once you nudge it, then a new synchron motor will cure it. At £14 its worth a shot.

OK thanks matt -yes it seems a bit temperamental- has come on ok just now when I cranked up the heating.

The actuator - is that the synchron motor ?

Derek

no the actuator is the bit that the motor fits into
I should have mentioned that the problem has a chance to be caused by the valve itself not allowing the actuator to return fully home, but this can be checked by removing the head

I may be wrong, but MAV322 does not have a 'changeable' actuator. I still think if the motor works once you nudge it, then a new synchron motor will cure it. At £14 its worth a shot.

I may be wrong but are they not the clip on ones?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back