Landscape design ideas required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Im looking for some ideas to improve my current garden setup and would be grateful for ideas

Thanks in advance

Pictures of current setup below:

SDC11419.jpg

SDC11420.jpg

SDC11421.jpg

SDC11423.jpg

SDC11422.jpg

Sponsored Links
Depends on what sort of garden you want really. For one thing it looks as if my workshop /shed would cover three quarters of the garden so we'd have to discount that :LOL:
In your case I'd rip out that dead looking stuff around the fences, put up trellis and grow beans , peas and soft fruits up them .There looks to be a space for a small greenhouse to the right in the fourth picture so that would go up after consideration to where the sun normally is.Then the lower half of the lawn would be dug up----
Point is though not every body wants to turn their garden into an allotment so we would need a bit more infomation about what you want to do with it, do you like flowery (in which case I'm not the best person to ask) do you have small children, do you want low maintance?

Also dig out the raised bed made from sleepers and turn this into a pond, (depending on having children.)

Andy

is it on a hill?

why does the lawn have the appearance of being sunk into a hollow? Do you want it like that?

where is lawn level in relation to height of the dpc of the house?

Sponsored Links
I think the 'dead looking' stuff is a deciduous clematis and perfectly healthy.

As the others said what do you want? keep the mature evergreens like the viburnum skimmia and ceanothus. Do you just want to replant or do some major changes?

I think the 'dead looking' stuff is a deciduous clematis and perfectly healthy.

Oh agreed it's probably not actually dead, hence my use of the words "dead looking". This time of year isn't the most photogenic in the garden and I have dead looking clematis in mine too :D

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. I have three young children (6, 4 and 3) and looking for more of a flowery/replant low maintenance setup if that makes sense. I was contemplating on the pond idea but my neighbours cat would mean they wouldnt survive long!

Its not on a hill, I have a patio area just infront of the house and then the lawn area starts. Ill take a pic which will show what i mean

you might consider small shrubs and herbacious plants in the beds, with a thick mulch that will suppress weed growth and look fairly tidy. I use garden compost, but you can buy shredded bark or something if you prefer. That way there will be no great effort needed to remove gravel or concrete when you want a change, and you can add bulbs later. Spiky shrubs along the fences will deter intruders.

Unless the lawn is very big and sandy, it will turn to mud with three kids on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back