Garden - Design help and thoughts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I've never designed a garden before but now find myself doing just that.
I've played around with a few ideas and I kind of know I want it to be contemporary.
If I post a rough design on here (don't laugh), do you think I'd get some tips or ideas of improving it?
I have some graph paper with a plan on it and can take a photo and post it here.
I've seen so many pictures over the past couple of months, I'm losing sight of the project :)
Thank you
Andy

Sponsored Links
Why not.

A description of what you hope to gain from what you have designed would be good aswell, any special requirements like wheelchair access or anything like that

Here it is so far

Attachments

• IMG_4198[2317].JPG
    IMG_4198[2317].JPG
    398.6 KB · Views: 147
Sponsored Links
I would say loose the decking, its only home for rodents and what about any plants or water feature.

Andy

+1 for no decking, unless its plastic you will be replacing it in 10 years. Check out the garden rescue tv shows, loads of ideas, some good, some not so good but it lets you pick the bits you like and ignore the rest. Think about which way the sun hits the garden, where you want to sit, sun, shade etc and how much work you want to do maintaining it.

Thanks for the tips guys -
The decking is/was going to be composite and was placed there to make the most of the sunshine.
I've just ripped out the old wooden decking because it was in poor shape and in the opposite corner which only got a bit of sunshine.
Still, food for thought so thank you
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back