Lanlord contract gone pearshaped.

OK. Guys.....looks like I'll be moving into the realms of credability checking shortly.

How could it work....

:arrow: 1. You would be required to make your client(s) aware that a credability check by JBSM would be done. (slipped into terms & conditions or other form of communication should do it, bit like the banks ramble on about on the phone when you call them asking to increase your over over draft :D ).

:arrow: 2. Ring us, or use the tradesman portal (will set up this week) give us your membership password and the client name & billing address details, we will do an instant check and provide you with history.

:arrow: 3. If you would like to add to a clients history, re:warnings for other tradesmen to be aware of first we can add this to the history too.

My database will contain CCJ information obtained from the courts or Court Settlement orders and other tradesman comments, warnings or advice tradesman wish to add.

I will create this service as another add-on package.
£10.00 per month + £1.70 per check.

Sponsored Links
the Wife, have you checked into the data protection laws concerning this idea... it sounds good but you have to be aware of the DPA! It could land you in hot water if not!

also, I have also had dealings with NICEIC, they were supposed to issue some certificate for Storage heaters I had installed at my private rented accomodation under the warm front scheme, I had waited until November for the heaters and was then told by my Electricty supplier they could not install the Economy 7 meter until I had a certificate of compliance! .. I was told by NICEIC I would have to wait up to 8 weeks as they had a back log! I had already gone this far without heating so to be told I couldbe waiting until February with no heating I was fuming!! Luckily 3 weeks later the certificate arrived and I had heating in time for Christmas!

Yes, I am aware of the DPA. As long as I comply with the license I will have provided under that act I should be fine. The tradesmen signed up for the packages will also be made aware of theor commitment when requesting such verifications.

I can't believe NICEIC's attitude.

Glad you have looked into everything theWife! It was a discussion we had some time ago on the Landlord Forums you have posted on! the DPA can be a pain but it is in place for a reason!

I am coming from a Landlord/Property Management point of view, would we also be allowed access on which builders to use? We have been stung by builders not doing jobs right... Even had one where we had a 10 year guarantee with them.... they did a vanishing act last year owing sub contractors money and we are now left picking up the pieces as more and more defects are being discovered in the work they carried out they had workmen on board and contracted work out!

While I agree there are rogue landlords out there and the guy you speak of at the start of this thread sounds a nightmare .. there are also bad builders out there and we are struggling to find someone in our areas to carry out long term good quality work.

Sponsored Links
Yes the database can hold feedback from clients on builders too.

I would like it to be a fair system. Note though, it will not hold financial data on them though.

Financial data will only be available to tradesmen.

Current state of play

1.Database done.
2.License requested.

3.Access mediums being defined.
4.Payment Methods being defined.
5.External Database linkage to be paid for.
5.How to Market/Advertise to be done.

Moderator note

Your posting started as a discussion point, however you are now clearly turning the thread into advertsiing your business or potential business. Please re read the rules regarding this. For that reason your last post has been deleted

just what the world needs yet another body trying to govern :LOL:

Apologises if this was seen as advertising. It was not intended to as I have paid for advertising to your site already through Google.

Mod note

Apology accepted! Feel free to discuss aspects of the concept etc, but please refrain from listing actual services avaliable and costs etc

What I was doing was addressing an issue that tradesman have a valid concern about.

I understand that there are individuals that do not wish for such a move, but suspect that there is a greater audience that would benefit from it.

I will alert you myself in order to seek site backing, baring in mind that I have already sort government, newspaper & body officials backing on this issue....Of which they are aware of this discussion.

Dear Guys,

We have finally chucked the towel in. Much to the disappointment of my long term clients. We have officially ceased trading. However, I still have a desire not to want this guy and his clan to get away with what he ultimately did and will endeavour to persue as non-profit service.

:oops: One thing he cant change......Im still on this site and im still TheWife. And as long as I am I will keep fighting for this.

Sorry to hear that. But are you telling me that that ONE person managed to bring you down? How?

am i the only one that thinks there is too much red tape already ?????????

fu** red tape i am seriously thinking of going underground on the gas side corgi have let us down too badly now

way too much shi* to deal with

We were already struggling before this job. However, this job would have recovered us. We knew it was a risk to allow us to spend a whole month on a client, especially as I was not overly confident about the credibility of this landlord, just by what he was doing and saying.

This landlord targets small firms with the hope that when it goes wrong he will not be chased.

But as an ultimate sting in my tail....I have sold the debt, which now puts my family at risk because of his nature and the other dealing the debt recovery agency have told me. This man is known as a Screamer and hides behind a number of alias', he is extremely difficult to pin down and his family is well known for intimidation. I have been to the police and the paper and his family is well know they are aware of the potential risks this man poses but unless something happen nothing will be done.

I have lost all faith in this country and I wonder if it really is worth trying to make a difference, ultimately I have chosen to sell up & leave.

TheWife

very sorry to hear about your troubles ...

this Screamer hope he isnt that hoograstren/rachmann landlord is he ?

Someone told me he was known as the Rackman, I didnt know what he meant. It appears that my spelling was in correct and being labelled Rachmann is merely a term for the style of behaviour (Rachmannism). Im sickened, and very angry, distraught to the point Im on medication to calm me down....but will noone do anything. NO!!!!

Sponsored Links
Back