laptop screen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me why my laptop screen light has gone out ?
i can see the stuff when a light is shined on the screen so the laptop is working ok but just not lit up ????????????

help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Loose connection or bulb could be gone. I don't know much about such things though.

Could be the Inverter board.
On the IBM T23 (quite old now), there was a known fault where the LCD was all most impossible to see,this has due to the cable (see though ribbon type) needing to be re-seated and stuck down with tape, if not inverter board or LCD its self.
Lets have make and model and go from there

Sponsored Links
You don't need to know the make model to know that this is the backlight or the inverter board, or the cable providing power to or from the inverter board.

Cost, however, depends on make/model. But you're looking at anywhere from £50 to £100 for the repair.

It's not a difficult job if you've taken a laptop apart before, but if you haven't then this isn't the best time to start, especially since you'll struggle to diagnose which component is faulty.

If you do take it apart, please heed the high voltage warning label that ought to be near the inverter. You won't enjoy getting a belt off it.

thanks everyone for your help but it now has a special place in my wheelie bin as i have had nothing but trouble for many years.
it was an acer aspire 1300 if anyones intersested.

many thanks indeed

Neal

Sponsored Links
Back