Larch fencing with concrete posts?

Sponsored Links
usually the cheap fence stain, but for a nicer job, decking oil or stain.

What do you think of this membrane idea? Bad for the boards?

Sponsored Links
never tried it, worth a try.

is there a void that a cat or hedgehog could get trapped in?

btw you can get wooden caps for the tops of the posts, prevents rain soaking into the end grain and promoting rot.

usually dark brown stain, and a similar masonry paint for exposed concrete posts or gravel boards.

I also have some external hardwood that I treat with a dark dye (not stain) and clear linseed oil to show off the grain.

never tried it, worth a try.

is there a void that a cat or hedgehog could get trapped in?

btw you can get wooden caps for the tops of the posts, prevents rain soaking into the end grain and promoting rot.

usually dark brown stain, and a similar masonry paint for exposed concrete posts or gravel boards.

I also have some external hardwood that I treat with a dark dye (not stain) and clear linseed oil to show off the grain.

they can get out at the end but there is a void between us and neighbours. I cut back the ivy on our side which was holding up the neighbours rotten fence, now he’s moaning! I was going to do him a favour and not give the ivy back to him, might change my mind!
Think the wife might like the larch to go a silvery colour so not sure about that colour stain? Caps on post a good idea!

IMG_5536.JPG

Here is current state of play with fence. Im happy with it, any comments?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back