Large gap between door and frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

I have absolutely no idea what i am doing when it comes to doors so I'm after some advice!

Our back door has a large gap in the top left corner, enough to actually see daylight through and obviously a horrible draft. As far as I'm aware the rest of the door fits well.
20210222_113834.jpg
20210222_113910.jpg

Could anyone advise on how I could fix this?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
It's a bit difficult to tell from the pics, however does the gap at the top lessen as you look along from the handle side to the hinge side? If yes, the door needs a toe & heel. It's dropped slightly at the handle side over time. If you Google toe and heel upvc door you'll find lots of advice and YouTube clips on how to do this.

It's a bit difficult to tell from the pics, however does the gap at the top lessen as you look along from the handle side to the hinge side? If yes, the door needs a toe & heel. It's dropped slightly at the handle side over time. If you Google toe and heel upvc door you'll find lots of advice and YouTube clips on how to do this.

Hi, yes thats exactly whats happening, the gap widens as you get closer to the handle side, thankyou!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back