Large garage build costs...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently having discussions with some friends.

I want to build a 35x18ft garge
Room in roof trusses
2 8ft doors
rendered corners
clad in waney edge cedar
3 velux roof windows
1 personal door(to the side 'workshop area')
tiled roof
8 ft internal to bottom of trusses
7 ft in roof space to apex
twin skin, 100mm blocks

I think it can be done for £12k, others saying 10k, based on me doing the cladding/small bit of rendering/electrics/digging out foundations and getting in tradesmen for walls/roof

Use a 2+1 gang for the blockwork(4 days ish).

Sound about right?

Sponsored Links
My 3.5m x 6.5 metre garage built in brick (decorative) and block and fully insulated with 1 window, 2 personal doors (sectioned off garage at the back) and a sectional garage door. Slate roof made with truses. Built entirely by a builder cost £21k. So if you can do yours for that then you are doing very well. Included all ground works and drainage as well.

By the way that was my cheapest price as well. Obviously I was paying labour and you are not and my brickwork was expensive but I don't have any habitable roof space!

The Velux's alone will cost about £1000 by the time you have the windows and flashing kits.

What about stairs.

Garage doors are very expensive, I saved by buying a £2000 garage door off ebay for £300 and the builder built the opening to fit. You probably need to allow £1k for this.

You are looking at £1500 labour near me for your estimate...I calculate that about £3.5k before buying any blocks or wood!

Sponsored Links
Hi

Thanks for your reply, Velux's come in at £200 with flashing kits etc. I guess yours being all decorative brick as time and materials will be quite a bit more, mine will be block and rendered/part clad in cedar.

I'm not putting stairs in, with the room in roof space, it'll just be stowage till funds allow at a later date to develop that area.

Funnily enough I have my eyes on some hardwood doors(new matched pairs).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back