Cost of building Garage... 27K?

Mate, you are a bit late. This post was just a wind-up by glorified tat collectors.
None of them build in the real world.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I am based in the midlands and currently am looking at a sizable double stoey extension and a detached double garage to the front. One builder has quoted me separate quotes for the work and £30k first estimate for garage although I know there is some give/bargaining - reckon £27kish

The spec is 42sqm 7m x 6m/double skin brick (beacon sahara) and block/redland tile small 16cm by 26cm/wood gable to front roof but remaining hip/existing hormann double door to be refitted/fit of new side door and 2 small windows (me to provide)/electrics within (door lighting and sockets) / a access hatch within and boarded on rafters includes rubbish removal. Land prep includes clearing a front garden area with several bushes and a sizable tree. Time 4-6 weeks.

Sound reasonable to any experienced builder ? or still a bit much ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back