Large skylight repair - flashbanding?

Sponsored Links
EDPM is £285/sqm? Seems high
More like 1/10th of that I think, but when you add in PIR insulation, membrane, any other materials, labour, scaffolding/tin hats, and a profit margin, I assume that explains the figure. If it's way off base (which I'd hope it is - would make it more viable), that'd be great. I've only had one very rough onsite estimate (rather than a measured quote) at this stage, so don't have much to go on.

The correct way to weather a decra system is bend the sheet to form an upstand , then flash over it
No need for secret gutters or the like
Thanks. I assume I'd need to get some more Decra Classic to do this (probably useful to have some spares in any case).

Sponsored Links
Still working my way through this one.

I'm struggling to find anyone willing to take this on, so to the extent anyone's able to either recommend someone or provide some Noddy level steers (so I can DIY), that'd be hugely appreciated.

There is an upstand underneath, which the polycarbonate overhangs. See below.

It also seems Decra do a flashing product which might help - see also below. Though finding a supplier is proving challenging!

DSC_5279.JPG

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-14 at 16.57.38 (1).jpeg
DSC_5279.JPG

1693939591566.png

You could get a piece of polycarb 16mm or 25mm in one piece and fix that over the glass , then make some drip edges out of 50mm x50mm angle trims. I've had poly 7m long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back