Large travertine tiles

Thanks JCts.
I bought the machine but missed its delivery so will now get it Fri.
Its a 'b' grade new item, £70, box damaged apparently, seller unable to answer specific details of machine.
Looking forward to getting on with my floor.
Tiles waiting for me at warehouse.
Will no doubt be asking for advice again, in a new topic this time.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Thanks JCts.
I bought the machine but missed its delivery so will now get it Fri.
Its a 'b' grade new item, £70, box damaged apparently, seller unable to answer specific details of machine.
Looking forward to getting on with my floor.
Tiles waiting for me at warehouse.
Will no doubt be asking for advice again, in a new topic this time.
Cheers.

any time mate

Just for info for anyone buying the Rexon RTC200A.
The machine CAN’T accommodate a 600mm tile, the end supports for the cutter head slide rail are only 590mm apart.
You can cut ~70mm slivers off a 600 but only then by doing a cut then moving the tile, checking for straightness and completing the cut. The tile also has to be packed up off the bed as the end supports are above the bed!
When I do my bathroom I have to cut a 600x400 longways as the top tile by the ceiling is ~220 tall. I’ll have to use my angle grinder and a steady hand for this.
My Rexon was a B grade ‘manufacturer refurbished’ item. Hard to say if its had much use but it was covered in dust and the pump tube contained tile slurry dust.
You must have a different RTC200A machine than mine JCts!
I've made my 1st bad purchase and it might soon be back on ebay.

Sponsored Links
Just for info for anyone buying the Rexon RTC200A.
The machine CAN’T accommodate a 600mm tile, the end supports for the cutter head slide rail are only 590mm apart.
You can cut ~70mm slivers off a 600 but only then by doing a cut then moving the tile, checking for straightness and completing the cut. The tile also has to be packed up off the bed as the end supports are above the bed!
When I do my bathroom I have to cut a 600x400 longways as the top tile by the ceiling is ~220 tall. I’ll have to use my angle grinder and a steady hand for this.
My Rexon was a B grade ‘manufacturer refurbished’ item. Hard to say if its had much use but it was covered in dust and the pump tube contained tile slurry dust.
You must have a different RTC200A machine than mine JCts!
I've made my 1st bad purchase and it might soon be back on ebay.

my RTC is approx. 4-5 yrs old now mate and it does accommodate 600mm tiles very easily, maybe if yours is a newer model, they may have made changes to the machine, not to sure about that though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back